Monitoring change in nature can provide insights into both environmental and human change. By connecting the natural world to the internet, communities and organizations are better able to monitor and respond to nature’s ebb and flow in real-time.
READ MORE >>
- Wired plants and crops can report on their health and indicate the correct time to harvest.
- Audio sensing can detect minor changes in the environment to warn of avalanches, mudslides or earthquakes.
- Citizens become engaged in creating two-way data flows; use information to better understand their immediate surroundings.
- Communities reconnect with nature and understand their impact better.
- Heightened awareness of natural cycles increases ability to determine long and short term trends.
- Real-time weather information enables businesses to work with nature and minimize inefficiencies.
- Better ablility to monitor invasive species and deal with cross border issues.
- Natural sensors can be used to increase agricultural yields.